Even though everyone came out in their best attempts, there were a few people that caught my eye. Hip-hop isn’t only about the rapping and your ability to rhyme on the beat, it is much more than a scene, and it’s a lifestyle, culture and society and with any normal society there is an image, an image that brings all the great facets of hip-hop together. The purpose of this isn’t to judge or ridicule someone’s clothing but to praise the few who reps all aspects of hip-hop. Fashion is the foundation; let’s build.
This segment is rated in five areas: confidence, practicality, creativity, coordination and impact each earning two points maximum. The winner in my eyes will score an overall 10 outta 10.
10. This cool dude earned his spot on the chart with simply just his attitude. The whole night he rocked his ray bans and thought he was the coolest guy ever! I agree my friend you’re swagging on them! Even though not very creative he was definitely confident!!!
9. TRIBAL LIFE!!! Oh yes, tribal print is one of the year’s biggest fashion print. And this homeboy rocked it nicely! Ash grey printed shirt with ox blood pants and neon laces air max 95’s. This screams “new-age” B-BOY. He was creative and well coordinated.
8. This little cutie maybe got on my good list solely on that brooklyn beanie “bk all day” lol no but really Even though she is just rocking a white tshirt, her accessories and coordination made her whole look come alive. The metalic skirt and high socks was the perfect touch of indie hispster but took it back to the streets with the “I’m so hood brookyln beanie and spike lee harlem clear glasses” I like her!!
7. The Light skin keith sweat. Calgary’s Man Candy! Embodies the ‘new-age’ hoodlum . In the hip hop culture this street look keeps evolving and this my friend is what it looks like today. Fyi his jordans was nasty!!!!!!!!!! He scored high in confidence and practicality his outfit was perfect for this urban hip hop show.
6. I cant remember his name. but I remembered his style. Many people probably is wondering what is so different about this look? Well let the expert tell you. This is style. Not necessarily “main stream” or has a wow factor, but there is so much personality in his choice of pieces. The colour scheme is so partical and weather senseable . check out the graphics on the Tee of the old skool brooklyn hoodlum, with his new skool Jordans. I love the mix . difinately a personal favorite . scored high on creatvity and coordination.
5. The coolest kid there !!! urghhhh I love demin on demin “Canadian tuxedo” but this is way more than that this is London Rebel!!! The vintage look from the Hair cut to the classic Chucks screams urban street!!! This is swagg made EASY!! So creative and well coordinated.
4. Jimmy JO aka Twerk Master .. This model chick stays fresh to death. The perfect mixture of street and class. So feminate yet hood!The vintage denim overside jacket with the cute crop top and doc marten inspired boots with heels was a great look for the occasion and scored really on particality and great coordination.. guh dey mi Fren!!!
3. Aint body f** ing with ma clique!!!! Even though she is my best friend her swag is undeniable!!! She killed this look. Let’s just say Ms Erykah Badu would be proud! Dope mixture between the soul sistah and the girl from the block. That Vintage Fur wrap was a total “Wow factor” and of course the original timberlands brought the whole street pretty girl look together!! We love it! So creativity and has great impact. She definitely gave us something to look at.
2. If this isn’t creative, then I don’t know what is. She pulled off the whole French character like it was her job. Being an artist is all about getting in character and making the crowd believe it. Your music and style matches perfect. #different. Not a normal sound that is heard, not a normal style that is seen. I enjoyed her outfit very much. She definitely caught the crowd’s eye and ears. Scored high in, impact, creativity and coordination.
1. AND THE WINNER IS!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE ANOTHER THAN the don of style, A brand in his own self.. Mr WILLISPTIK THE FRESH PRINCE OF THE WEST.. I mean how can you not agree that he scored the perfect 10 outta 10???? Who in YYC does it like big homie? #nobody.. Where do I begin? This look has urban street yet vintage, retro and culture written all over it. The BOWTIE!!! Match back with the tribal print Billy Cosby sweater and the Brooklyn snap back..Urghhhh I couldn’t pick a better outfit for a man to wear for such a event! “I wish they got his shoes” so dope this is style. This has personality written all over it. He was extremely creative, very practical, and super confident, coordination was on point and he was the WOW factor for the night.
And there you have it folks. For all who didn’t make it, shuchainzzzz got one thing to tell ya …COME HARDER NEXT TIME!!!!! I’M LOOKING FOR YOU!!! ‘Future voice’ #letsBuild